With the release of Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, Microsoft has released the ASP.NET MVC 4 – RTM for Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
ASP.NET MVC 4 is a framework for building scalable, standards-based web applications using well-established design patterns and the power of ASP.NET and the .NET Framework. It installs side-by-side with ASP.NET MVC 3.
ASP.NET MVC 4 for VS2010 SP1 will add necessary support for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 for building ASP.NET MVC 4 applications using Visual Studio.
ASP.NET MVC 4 also includes:
* ASP.NET Web API, a framework for building and consuming HTTP services that can reach a broad range of clients including browsers, phones, and tablets. ASP.NET Web API is great for building services that follow the REST architectural style, plus it supports RPC patterns.
* ASP.NET Web Pages and the new Razor syntax provide a fast, approachable, and lightweight way to combine server code with HTML to create dynamic web content.
* Web Optimization, a framework for bundling and minifying scripts and CSS files.
* NuGet, a free, open source developer focused package management system for the .NET platform intent on simplifying the process of incorporating third party libraries into a .NET application during development.
You can download ASP.NET MVC 4 for VS2010 SP1 using Web Platform Installer from below links:
ASP.NET MVC 4 for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Visual Web Developer 2010 SP1 (x86 and x64) – (English) (using Microsoft Web Platform Installer )
ASP.NET MVC 4 for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Visual Web Developer 2010 SP1 (x86 and x64) – (English) (from MSDN Subscription downloads)
ASP.NET MVC 4 for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Visual Web Developer 2010 SP1 (from Microsoft Download Center – Direct Download)
Top Features included in ASP.NET MVC 4 are:
- ASP.NET Web API .
- Refreshed and modernized default project templates .
- New mobile project template (using jQuery Mobile).
- Many new features to support mobile apps .
- Enhanced support for asynchronous methods .
- Read the full feature list in the release notes.
Go on everyone upgrade your existing beta or RC version of ASP.NET MVC 4 project to RTM version and rock the world.
You want to learn ASP.NET MVC 4, then go through the new tutorial sets below
Tutorials: ASP.NET MVC 4 Mobile Features
new ASP.NET MVC 4 tutorial series